Senate approves $1.1 trillion spending measure

Did you support the bill?

Did you know what it was funding?

Which ones really get to you?

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5haCLXGQ395I-MYqz7VQV8xNUNsTwD9CIKOT02

Crissy1213

Asked by Crissy1213 at 4:42 PM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• omfreakin goodness gracious....will someone PLEASE take the check book away from theses people!!! There is NO money. STOP SPENDING SO MUCH!!!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 4:52 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Trillion??? I truly can't even comprehend that number. Trillion is like the unicorn, in my mind, it doesn't exist. I can't even believe anyone could spend that much money, let alone get the approval. Its like going to the bank and saying, "I'd like a bajillion dollars to support my cause please!" Unreal...
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 4:59 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Can we issue a stop-payment on this? Can we return for NSF?
    29again

Answer by 29again at 5:00 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• One of the few times I agree with a Democrat:

"“At a time when families and businesses are struggling to make ends meet, for Washington to increase federal spending at four times the rate of inflation is just irresponsible. And to have 5,000 pork barrel earmark appropriations in there, with politicians showing no willingness to cut back at a time when ordinary folks must—well, that is just deeply wrong." - Evan Bayh (D-IN)

http://www.kokomoperspective.com/article_7dc5776e-e8f4-11de-b4cd-001cc4c03286.html

He's one of the 3 Dems who opposed it.  Too bad they couldn't scrape up one more with common sense - it only won by 1 vote.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:10 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I can't imagine how anyone can support this, unless they are in line to get their wallets padded. How the heck are we going to pay for this? Tax revenues have been down, and with 10%+ of the population unemployed or underemployed, where is the money coming from? Raising taxes on the middle class will be the ONLY way to pay for this debt.

I saw an interview the other day, and one economist says companies won't hire because they fear increased taxes and health care costs. They are waiting to see how the Senate bill plays out. I can understand that. Hope everyone is okay with high unemployment, because we will be seeing it for a long, long time.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 5:19 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Just hard to even come up with the words for this one.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:21 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• eye rollingadolescents with mamas credit card...the bank has been broke but nevermind that future generations can have the burden

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:20 AM on Dec. 15, 2009