How will I know if my daughter (6 almost 7 months) has an allergic reaction to a new food?

inay522

Asked by inay522 at 4:42 PM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You're supposed to give them a new food for 3-5 days before introducing a new one, then you know what did it if she's allergic.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 4:48 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Most likely she'll get a rash or hives. My boys re lactose intolerant and get diarreah and gassy, or she might have trouble breathing or get a fever.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 4:50 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• red dots on her body and face is what happens with mine
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 4:53 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• well i gave her pears, and shes had them 4 a couple days now, but shes been feeln kinda pukey today and has little red dots near her hairline. My neighbor said the dots looked like sweat spots sooo???
    inay522

Answer by inay522 at 4:55 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• IMO she would have had the allergic reaction the first time you gave it to her not days later. if the dots are just at the hair line it very well could be sweat bumps(like a heat rash). She could have a stomach bug and that could explain the pukey feeling. Is anyone else in your house or that they have been around had any sickness? You can carry the germs to the baby with out getting sick yourself. I know that there has been a bad stomach bug going around here.
    Anonymous