im starting to worry

im in my lat trimester 32 week to be on the dot and the whole time i have only gained 62 pounds but the baby is only 3 pounds three ounces and i have been real sick latley and i have been going number 2 in the bathroom alot like twice a day and im not haveing the false contractions that im supposed to and i feel him move once in a wile but never as much as he did and i have been seeing spots in front of my eyes and i get real dizzy some times and i just am missrebel all the time even when i was not sick and i realy want this baby out i lay around all day because im so sleepy i sleep 14 hours every day i wonder is this normel or is it something that i need to worry about and how do i get people to stop asking how is the belly do people see the person behind the belly or do you like disapeer

newmom461

Asked by newmom461 at 5:01 PM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• First of all the spots & dizziness... have you had your BP checked lately? Blurred vision can be a sign on pre-eclampsia and so can rapid weight gain. You said you have "only gained 62 pounds" I am NOT meaning to be offensive but was that a typo? 62 pounds is kind of alot to have gained so I am wondering about your blood pressure.

I would be sleeping 14 hours a day righ tnow if I could too! I work full time and am the single mom of 2 so that isnt an option for me but at this point in pregnancy (I am 35 weeks) its TOTALLY normal to be tired
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 5:15 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• what do you mean not having false contractions like you are supposed to? i didn't have any contrax until the day before my son was born at 41 weeks.

how do you know baby is 3 lbs 3 oz? because the ultrasound estimates are really bad. also baby will gain A LOT in the next 2 months or so. :)

i would definitely talk to your midwife or OB about the spots, dizziness, and less movement though.

being tired and miserable are common in pregnancy =)

i hope you feel better
    Anonymous

• oh also i think having 2 bowel movements per day can be normal because your intestines are all squished up so your bowel patterns will be different. and i agree with Jaydin that 60 lbs is certainly not too little weight.
    Anonymous

• have you talked to your ob about preeclampsia. seeing spots and dizziness can be a sign of that! Also, that is a lot of weight to have gained in a pregnancy. I would really scedule an ob appt. asap and talk to your doctor about your symptoms! GL hope everythign turns out ok!
    Anonymous

• Sweetie, it sounds like you might have some depression going on. I think all of the things you're mentioning need to be brought up at an OB appointment ASAP.
    Feel better soon! You're almost there.
    jenwmuot

Answer by jenwmuot at 6:34 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• babies can gain a pound a week in the last part of pregnancy. you got a ways to go yet. 62 lbs. is actually quite a bit of weight to gain in pregnancy BUT you realize that has nothing to do with what size the baby will be right? I gained 70 lbs & my baby was only 6 lb. 6 oz.
    Anonymous