8mos old and doesn't want milk? (by milk I mean formula...)

I just realized it's 3:30PM, and DS hasn't asked for milk all day long. No complaints of the hungries, nothing.

Is this normal? He's already had 2 7oz jars of fruit for breakfast, 2 7oz jars of veggies for lunch... plus some cheerios and graduates lil' crunchies too... so I know he's not STARVING.

I just wonder if there's some reason he's not wanting milk?

matobe

Asked by matobe at 5:42 PM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That sounds like a lot of solids, and he needs the formula more than he needs the solids. You should make sure he is drinking his formula before he gets solids.

Answer by missanc at 8:03 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Maybe it's all the solids you're giving him? I don't know how much solids my 9 month old eats... but it's certainly less than that. Formula should still be his main source of nourishment through the first year. Bottle first, solids after until he's 12 months.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 6:52 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Up until a year, babies need the nutrients from breastmilk or formula. Solids should be for the experience of eating them.

In addition to the risk of malnutrition, your baby may be dehydrated...

Answer by rkoloms at 7:34 PM on Dec. 14, 2009