Fake tree or real tree?

Did you grow up with a fake tree or real tree? If you celebrate Christmas, what do you have in your house now?

meganpmom

Asked by meganpmom at 5:43 PM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Holidays

• Always had real trees and we have both real and fake trees. Our main tree is always real. The children have fake christmas trees in their room so they can decorate them how they want.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 5:48 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I grew up with a fake tree, and that's what we have in our home. My husband's allergic to pine sap and my son is hypersensitive to smells, textures, tastes, and lights because of his autism. Needless to say, we don't have blinking lights on the tree, and he doesn't help with putting it up or taking it down.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 5:49 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Real trees!! Christmas is just not christmas without that real tree smell!
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 5:51 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Oh, that's a great idea to have a little fake tree in the kids' room!
    meganpmom

Answer by meganpmom at 5:54 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I've started a tradition where they make their own ornaments and add to their trees each year. Only the oldest is in school, so we are just starting.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 5:57 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Depends on if you have the time and want to care for a real tree. I love the smell but am allergic to it :0(

We have a beautiful artificial tree and it doesn't lose its needles or need to be watered. I am however jealous of those who have the time for a real tree.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 6:16 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Growing up it was always a real tree at my parents and a fake tree at my grandparents because one of my cousins' was allergic.

Now, it's always a fake all around.

I miss going up in the mountains, picking the right tree, cutting it down, and having that divine scent in my house...
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 7:15 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I grew up with fake trees and some yrs my dad got real trees so both. We have a fake tree right know and its so beautiful its on right now.
    youngmom2004

Answer by youngmom2004 at 7:25 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• We've always had a real tree, and continue to do so. Matter of fact, my SO came home with a fake tree the other day, and I made him take it back, heh. It just doesn't feel right without the smell of a real tree...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:38 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• grew up with real ones, mostly, and that's what I prefer, but a couple years ago we bought one with fiber optic needles for the years when we won't be home on xmas day, and we get a real one for the years we'll be doing the festivities here.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 10:25 PM on Dec. 14, 2009