22 million "LOST" Bush Admin E-Mails found, thoughts

WASHINGTON – Computer technicians have found 22 million missing White House e-mails from the administration of President George W. Bush and the Obama administration is searching for dozens more days' worth of potentially lost e-mail from the Bush years, according to two groups that filed suit over the failure by the Bush White House to install an electronic record keeping system.

The two private groups — Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington and the National Security Archive — said Monday they were settling the lawsuits they filed against the Executive Office of the President in 2007.

It will be years before the public sees any of the recovered e-mails because they will now go through the National Archives' process for releasing presidential and agency records. Presidential records of the Bush administration won't be available until 2014 at the earliest.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 6:05 PM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• My thought is, "Why is this an issue?"
    Anonymous

• If only the Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington put as much effort into filing and settling lawsuits regarding the CURRENT administration as they have the FORMER administration, perhaps things would be a little different! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:01 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Didn't know that any emails were lost. So now they found them. What is the problem?
    29again

Answer by 29again at 7:02 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Good. Something lost has been found. But I have to say, when Obama said that he wanted to have a more open and transparent administration, I was really hoping he also meant that about his own administration, not just admin. past. I guess transparency is only good when it's all about someone else.  Go figure.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:08 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I for one am VERY curious about what those "lost" e-mails said...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:22 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

all 22,000,000 of them? lololol
    Anonymous

• I guess all hope isn't gone then that someone will "find" Obama's mind......................
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 8:35 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_white_house_e_mail

This is from a lawsuit and has nothing to do with the Obama admin. They didn't just go through this, this has been in the works since 2007 and surrouds the time of the CIA leak case

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:51 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

Because 22 MILLION E-Mails that were supposed to be turned over during a criminal investigation  "disappeared"

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:53 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Go figure.
    ___________________
    They are searching because they are being sued because of the Bush Admin, not because they are personally trying to expose something.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 10:04 PM on Dec. 14, 2009