How do I tell my husband I don't want any more children?

My husband want's two more and I am happy with the one son we have. I am bipolar and am not really sure another pregnancy is the best idea. Plus I would rather raise just one child really well then have three and not do as well.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:30 PM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• Honestly, if you don't think you can handle it, you need to come clean. Spouses really should be on the same page about children.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 6:58 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Kids are sad without siblings but if you feel strongly enough about it... tell him what you just told us while in conversations.
    Anonymous

• Sad without siblings? Ever heard of friends?just tell him you don't feel your health is worth another child.Why risk it/
    Anonymous

• my daughter was happy for 4 years without another sibling.. that's what friends are for.. that's stupid to say that a kid will be sad without a brother or a sister. Some times it is better only to have on to raise. You should not have a baby to make a child happy. People grow up and families move away. you have to make a decision on what is best for you and your husband. Who is going to be raising the child till they are 18. there are good things and bad things about having more then one child, like one trying to run off while you are carrying a 20lb baby in the car seat. also being a single mother with two kids is not as easy as with one. no one can say for sure these days if they will be married forever. I think you should see how much your husband helps with this one.. if he is a great dad that helps 50.50 at least then i would consider it.
    TaiM

Answer by TaiM at 6:46 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Children who have no siblings are proven to be just as happy as children with siblings.
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 7:02 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• A child does not have to have siblings to grow up happy and well adjusted. I think you should be honest with your husband and explain your feelings. No one should feel forced to have children or have them just because they want to prove their existing child with a sibling.
    Anonymous

• *provide not prove
    Anonymous

• I have bpd and I had three. It was not easy. Just tell him that you two were blessed with a perfect son and you couldn't improve on perfection. If that doesn't work then tell him to get pregnant and have the other two and hire a nanny for them.Ok that part might be my bpd speaking!

Answer by admckenzie at 7:22 PM on Dec. 14, 2009