Why is it okay to teach kids about the Magic of Santa, but Harry Potter Magic is not okay?

If you let your kids watch shows about magic, then this question is not for you. This is for parents that allow their kids to believe in Santa and "magic of Santa" cuz Santa does practice magic, but you wont let your kids watch shows about magic or things about witches or wizards. I know parents reasoning for no magic shows is so their kids aren't dazzled by the occult, but Santa practices magic and would be considered occultish too?I dunno i always wondered why.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

•  As for Santa magic being innocent... any man who keeps a list of little kid's names, entices them to sit on his lap, sneaks into their houses in the dead of night and leaves them gifts is perverted and evil in my book.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:27 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• We don't do Santa here, because it is a lie. But I had never thought of the "magic" that it takes to fly through the air and fly back up the chimeny, LOL.

Nicholas was just a generous guy in Greece : )
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 6:42 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Good question!
    Miss_Kay

Answer by Miss_Kay at 6:45 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• good question- if my grandma were still here I'd ask her! *pretty sure she was OK with Santa but NO Smurfs at her house!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 6:48 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I always wondered about this myself.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 7:00 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• its always fun to make believe
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:01 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• well i do let my kid watch magic shows so maybe i shouldnt have answered
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:03 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Because Harry Potter isn't real...duh!
    Anonymous

• According to my neighbor, Santa magic is "innocent" magic while the other stuff is potentially dangerous-such as the killing curses in Harry Potter, which can lead to an interest in "real" magic will condemn their souls to Hell. We actually had this conversation over the weekend because he saw the kids playing Harry Potter in the back yard and was "concerned" with such "dangerous" play. Then he went on to rant at me for not decorating for Christmas (we're not going to be here for Christmas, so I didn't see the point in decorating a house that will be standing empty for the holiday), and I asked him the difference. That's when he went into it all.

I thanked him for his point of view said I disagreed and ended up physically shoving him out my door when he started yelling at me that he was going to call the police because I was abusing the kids by allowing Harry Potter and other evil in my house.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 7:09 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Because, you know, double standards and all.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:13 PM on Dec. 14, 2009