Spotting for a week after ovulation?

I admit, I usually just troll, because if I posted every time I had a twinge, or a hope, or something, I'd make us all nuts.

BUT, now, I have a legitimate question. I can't find the answers anywhere. I am on day 21 of 26-28 day cycle. We are on our 10th cycle. (I conceived 3 while on BC, so I never thought I'd have to try!!!) Well, I was supposed to O last Sunday. I got a positive OPK Wed. Thursday morning, about 1 am, I started spotting. Not much, but it's bright red, and only when I wipe. I have NO pain. Went to the gyno on Friday, she did a blood HCG (although, if I did conceive, I knwo it wouldn't show up yet). I'm still spotting, the same bright red, no cramps, and just when I wipe. I don't even need a panty liner. Any thoughts?

I'm going for a *shudder transvaginal u/s tomorrow. Blech.

DH had his swimmers tested, they are *excellent* so we know that's not it.

MedicMommy

Asked by MedicMommy at 6:38 PM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Not saying that this is what is happening to you but this is my experience. Last may I had intercourse with my DH during ovulation, then about 14 days later I had my period like clockwork, except it was only for 3 days instead of 5. Then 14 days after i stopped my preiod I start spotting. I didnt think anything of it but I walked to my SIL and she said it could be implantation spotting. So i took a pg test and sure enough I was pregnant. I went to the doctor and found out that I had an ectopic miscarriage. I didnt even know that was possible. So I guess it can be anything from a miscarriage to implantation bleeding. I really hope your situation turns out like you hope. GOOD LUCK!
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 7:04 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I wish i had an answer for you but i dont but i am curious on what type of dr. your husband went to, to get his little swimmers checked? & how soon you get the results?
    Anonymous

• It took 6 weeks for an answer, he went to a urologist.
    MedicMommy

Answer by MedicMommy at 9:32 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Thanks, Amanda!
    MedicMommy

Answer by MedicMommy at 9:33 AM on Dec. 15, 2009