Medicare option and public option are both out. Can they really call this brand of change reform?

Without the medicare option and the public option on the table, what sort of reform does the Senate bill have on health care? Isn't this like writing up a bunch of nothing and stamping the word reform on it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:51 PM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• This "healthcare" legislation is the embodiment of everything that is wrong with our government today. It micromanages the nit-pickety details, adding layers and layers of unnecessary red tape and delay to simple proceedures, while ignoring huge swathes of areas that desperately need reform. And healthcare reform as it is presently proposed does nothing but add fines and penalties to people who already can't afford healthcare, doing nothing to help them actually get the help they need. I hope it fails so completely they can never revive it again. Then MAYBE they will start where they need to, with tort reform and the insurance companies. Cutting out their excessive charges and outrageous practices of cutting ill patients and racking up the "pre-existing conditions" and other BS.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 8:01 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• GRR!!!! We were promised single-payer!!!! If we wanted incremental change, we would have voted for Hilary

Answer by rkoloms at 7:27 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I hope they are both off the table. This country is in enough mess with these libs in power.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:39 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I'm disappointed. Anything they pass is just going to be a lot of nothing at this point.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 9:58 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I sure hope that they cant pass ANYTHING!!! The whole thing needs to be trashed. They need to let people go across state lines so there is more competition which will drive the prices for insur down. I dont want his obamacare!
    enetsala

Answer by enetsala at 10:05 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Single payer would not be smart so I am glad it is off the table. Maybe implement real changes in the insurance industry and throw in some tort reform and costs would come down. I don't want what Canada has. My mother died thanks to their system. Her heart procedure was considered elective in America it is considered an emergency and she would be alive had she lived here or had came here for treatment. So I am thrilled it is off the table and hope our Congress will start from scratch and actually fix the system and not just create another Gov Bureaucracy.

Anonymous

• Let's HOPE it is really off the table.... It's still a horrible bill.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:12 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Agree paganmama allow insurance companies to sell across state lines...all this bill was ever about was collecting mulla and control...CONTROL get it through your heads that all these sobs want.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:18 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I agree with Pagan. Too many committees, rules, and tons of red tape.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:24 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• It just shows that the longer they play with any legislation, the worse it gets.

And what about the additional spending bill that was signed over the weekend? I thought he was against pork barrell projects, yet there were more than 5,000 of them packed in there. What happened to that 'line by line' bs he was promising? Guess that went out the window with the transparency. Closed door pork parties in DC again. Yeah, how's that hope and change workin' for us?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:29 AM on Dec. 15, 2009