Are you fluent in Arabic?

I am a preschool teacher and I need some help translating some material from English to Arabic. I have an almost 3 year old boy in my classroom. This is the first time that he has been in a social setting with children who only speak English. The parents are concerned about his learning. They are fluent in 4 different languages, but only know a little bit of English. I have been working with the child for about 2 months now and he has improved so much socially and academically and I would like to give the parents an update. I tried to talk with the mom today, but she only understood about half of what I said. So, if you are fluent in Arabic, and would like to translate, would you please leave a reply and I will message you with more details. Thanks in Advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:59 PM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• wish i could help sorry :(
    necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 8:28 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• i am not fluent but...if you contact proudmomof3 on muslim moms group here on cafemom at http://www.cafemom.com/group/97.. she is fluent and hopefully she can help you or recommend someone or a site to you.  Hope this helps

Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 9:23 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I am not fluent but volunteer for an ESL program and our method is to immerse the kids in the English language. There are several different languages spoke in the program and most the teachers are not bi-lingual. Teaching in English was proven to be the best way to teach them.
    Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 9:32 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• KattyKitten, I am looking for the parents to help ease parent-teacher communication and to help them feel involved. Aasiyah, thank you. I just made a post in that group.
    Anonymous

• katty..... i actually think that the method you describe is a very good one.. and one that is used in many other countries. for instance my friend she is born american from spanish decent and she teaches english to korean kids. They hired her because she didn't know the korean language and they want only english speaking teachers. (hard for her cause she doesn't understand the kids and hard for the kids because they dont' understand her) LOL.. but she loves it and says eventually both learn each other's language.

and to OP.. you are welcome.. i saw that you left a post.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 9:53 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I only know a few words and  how to count to 10 in Arabic.    Not enough to help you, sorry:(

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:46 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• sorry I was just sharing how we teach the students. All our students are adults so we dont have parent teacher relations.
    Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 8:41 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• my 11 yr old is ..she translates all the time:) her dad is arabic.. so she hears it / speaks it daily
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 10:35 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• My neighbors are from Lebanon and I know ONE word that the mother uses..."Halas!!" (sp?) Lets just say that the kiddos simmer down after they hear that word. lol

3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 4:47 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• http://www.stars21.com/translator/english_to_arabic.html

If I was the parent of this child and new that you were asking complete strangers for translations for the purpose of educating my child, I'd flip my lid!

I put "Free English to Arabic Translation" in a search engine and this website came up. Surely it's a better option than asking people here?

Good luck, I hope the site helps!
    Anonymous