Are you fluent in Arabic?

I am a preschool teacher and I need some help translating some material from English to Arabic. I have an almost 3 year old boy in my classroom. This is the first time that he has been in a social setting with children who only speak English. The parents are concerned about his learning. They are fluent in 4 different languages, but only know a little bit of English. I have been working with the child for about 2 months now and he has improved so much socially and academically and I would like to give the parents an update. I tried to talk with the mom today, but she only understood about half of what I said. So, if you are fluent in Arabic, and would like to translate, would you please leave a reply and I will message you with more details. Thanks in Advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:59 PM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I hope you get some help but also wanted to suggest looking on your programs to see if you have a translator program on your computer.
    Anonymous

• Try this website...they offer a free download. http://translation.babylon.com/Arabic/to-English  (you can translate from English to Arabic as well)

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:07 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Try this  English to Arabic

Anonymous

• This seems to be good too.

Anonymous

• Thank you ladies for the suggestions. I have used online translators before and I have found quite a few mistakes using them. However, I will try it and see if it comes out correct or at least enough to get the info to the parents. Thanks Again!
    Anonymous

• Online translators are problematic.

If the parents are fluent in four different languages, maybe you could try finding someone who speaks one of them. For example, they may likely speak French and there may be more French speakers available than Arabic speakers.

(If they happen to speak Spanish, I can help you with that.)

diospira

Answer by diospira at 12:39 AM on Dec. 15, 2009