Any ideas for a super duper easy science fair project?

My son is in the 6th grade, and has to do a project. Unfortunately, he does not like to share this information with me when he is supposed to, and he is behind. We are researching ideas, but if anyone has one that their child did, that was super easy, please let me know what it is!! Thanks!!

Raine2001

Asked by Raine2001 at 7:32 PM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• mentos and coke........ and it is FUN!
    Anonymous

• I did one one year on Laundry detergent.. which one works the best! it was SO easy and awesome.. i used cut up pieces of a plain white t-shirt, and bought like 5 different laundry soaps. (i bought the little boxes you can get at the laundry matts) then spilled spaghetti sause on each of them and wash them in a bowel and took pictures like before, after 5 minutes, after 10 minutes and so on!
    GOOD LUCK!
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 7:45 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• i'd have wine glasses a few partly filled w/ water and touch the rim of each glass w/ his finger moving in circles. he could hear noise as the sound waves are created and pass thru air.
    another one could be him sitting on a spinning chair w/ his hand close his body and streatched further away. have him have some weights in his palms. as he spins around and elongates his arms, the centrifugal force varries and all notice significant difference in his speed of motion.
    Anonymous

• In the fifth grade i did a project on Friction. Big peice of cardboard, items>matchbox cars> different surfaces e.i> sand, smooth, bumpy. Set up three different columns with a barrier separating each of them. Put caordbox on a slant, and put the cars to the test. Which surface has more friction, or just to show what friction is. It was pretty easy, and we and my partner won second place :D
    Good luck :)
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 7:52 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• don't like science projects at our house. despise them actually. we did a cauliflower and put it in a foam cutout of a head from a salon, and labeled the brain parts on the cauliflower. yeah, it sucked, took like 25 minutes tops, he got an A. teehee.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:31 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I HATE science fair!!!

Here is a link to the Chicago Public School science fair website. There area couple of listing of project ideas. http://www.chicagostudentsciencefair.org/

Give your son the links, and let him do the rest. You can certainly be available to proofread, cut and paste, etc., but he needs to do the research and the work.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:56 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• We did the laundry soap thing too....it was fun. We used different stains. We also did how teeth are stained with sodas....that takes a lil longer because they need to sit and ya hafta have friends who will give u teeth! LMAO
    Sandyr911

Answer by Sandyr911 at 3:04 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• my dd did one last year on what size battery last the longest when used for flashlights.....cheap and easy....
    or my older dd did one with a sun dial string thing was cheap homemade sundial and shadows are free lolol .......
    try googling science fair and you get tons of ideas most of them cheap......good luck
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 11:16 PM on Dec. 30, 2009