Nevada brothel aims to offer 1st male prostitutes

y KEN RITTER, Associated Press Writer Ken Ritter, Associated Press Writer – Mon Dec 14, 8:11 am ET

LAS VEGAS – The owner of a brothel more than two hours' drive from Las Vegas said she hopes to hire Nevada's first legal male prostitutes within a month, now that state health officials have approved a method to test men for infectious diseases.

The world is ready for women, or even other men, to legally buy sex, said Shady Lady Ranch owner Bobbi Davis. Plus, being the first to offer male service could boost business in tough economic times, she said.

"With so many other male revues going on in Vegas, we thought it was time to give this a try," Davis told The Associated Press.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091214/ap_on_bi_ge/us_male_prostitutes_nevada

What do you think? Have men finally achieved equal rights?

mancosmomma

Asked by mancosmomma at 8:02 PM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I believe voluntary prostitution should be legal for anyone. It's YOUR body to sell; and the clients choice to 'buy'; if there is no coercion of either party, there should be no issue.

The same way as my neighbor being a hussy has no effect on my life; a hooker/prostitute being able to "peddle her wares" has no effect on my life. You know what I have faith in; my relationship. I'm not scared some hooker is going to lure my man away against his will. *eyeroll*

Now male escorts or prostitutes may not get quite as high a turn over of customers per day; but I agree with NotPanicking that there is obviously a market; even if a small one for this company to work.

There are plenty of woman who are overweight; unattractive or have other major personality issues that prevent them from being able to attract and seduce a man; just because you can't imagine it; doesn't make it not true.
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 9:51 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Like they can find enough men to pull an 8 hr shift?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:09 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I think it is sick, Thank god it is illegal in Vegas for that crap.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:10 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I think its sick and a waste and money and glad I don't need to buy sex!
    youngmom2004

Answer by youngmom2004 at 8:13 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• NP, I almost choked on my sandwich! lol

As a woman, I would never pay for sex. I mean really, who needs to PAY?

I can also say that there is no way in h e double heck I would ever have sex with a man that I knew had been with other men. That's just gross in my opinion.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 8:39 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• people have to do what they have to do to make it and i bet there are alot of lonely women who wouldn't mind so love and affection from a man even if they have to buy it its not just about sex they want someone to tell them they are beautiful and boost thier self esteem
    mikeysmomma2007

Answer by mikeysmomma2007 at 8:56 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• "She said the women usually charge about $300 per hour for the five to 20 customers who visit on any given night."

I'm doing the math here. This is 3 women working, and between them, they "service" as many as 20? That's 7 apiece (roughly). *shudders* But, if anyone else has checked out the question about having a degree means you earn more money, they should check out this hourly rate. Wonder if these girls have degrees!
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 9:38 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• If the plot of every other episode of CSI and L&O is to be believed, they're all just doing it to work their way through school...
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:45 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Good for them!
    Anonymous

• And the lewdness grows and grows. sex really does sell..
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 10:25 PM on Dec. 14, 2009