Hi! Im 27 y.o. 12 weeks pregnant with my first baby. I was just wondering what everyone is using for stretch marks and is it helping.

junebutterfly

Asked by junebutterfly at 8:24 PM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• sorry to be the bearer of bad news... but it's in your genes, nothing will stop them if they are going to come =) I used this stuff calle "Belli" cause your belly will start itching once it starts growing and that helped with that part of it =) have fun!
    Kaitlyn0816

Answer by Kaitlyn0816 at 8:31 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• my mom got bad stretch marks all over her "love handles" pregnant with me (I'm the only child)... but I alternated between bio oil and tummy honey butter and I only got one tiny faint stretch mark on my stomach that appeared at 38 wks (later that very same day my water broke and I had my dd the next day) But anyway I do think those 2 products help with prevention (if you can afford them.... the bio oil goes for about 15 and the tummy honey butter 20 and I went through like one a week) good luck!
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 8:39 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• It's genetics and the underlying flexibility of your skin. Oils and lotions will keep the top layers of your skin soft and supple but if you're going to get them you're going to get them regardless of what you put on.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 10:16 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• absolutely nothing because I welcome the stretch marks... that way I can look at the kids later and go... "See the pain you caused... now shape up... LOL.." J/k but I like my stretch marks because I earned them...
    Trinity0820

Answer by Trinity0820 at 10:32 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I use palmer's for stretch marks with the prego belly picture on the bottle. i haven't noticed any new marks, and I am prone to them. this is my first baby, but I have a few from weight gain. if nothing else it will help them be less noticeable and lighter in color. i use the lotion in the morning and the cream at night. good luck!
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 10:42 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Thanks everyone i know ill prolly get em but i really really dont want to. LOL
    junebutterfly

Answer by junebutterfly at 11:15 AM on Dec. 15, 2009