How far apart are your kids?

My daughter is 7 (from a former relationship) and I am 8 months pregnant now. My boyfriend says he wants to have kids at most 2 years apart. Even though he makes valid points, I disagree, I want to have more time to bond and build a relationship with the little one. What do you all think? Any mommy's out there that have kids close in age? Farther apart in age?

capulet425

Asked by capulet425 at 8:35 PM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I am 15 weeks pregnant and my daughter is going to be 1 on the 22nd of this month.
    croneasm

Answer by croneasm at 9:06 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I have a 19 month old DD and I'm due Jan 16. They will be about 20 mos apart. I wouldnt want my kids to be much more than 2 years apart. My sister and I were 5 years apart and we were never close. We were always in different schools (middle and high, high and college etc.) and different places in our lives (I was dating, she was playing with barbies...she's in college I have 2 kids, etc.). We get along a little better now, but it's not that close sisterly relationship that I want my DDs to have. I feeel like we would have been closer if we were closer in age. JMO.
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 9:13 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• they will be almost 3 years apart
    ashleywilkerson

Answer by ashleywilkerson at 9:21 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• My kids are 15 months apart, 18 months apart, and 14 months apart. I love it!!!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:24 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Mine are 2.5 years apart (31 months). It was hard in the beginning, but now it's great!
    They are not doing the same exact things, developmentally, but can play together every day, it's sweet! :-)

There are pros & cons to every scenario~ you make things work, whatever you're given, kwim?
    If you TTC so they're close you might not be successful. Or you could try asap and conceive on first try, who knows.

I think it is hard to hear (that your guy says) "at most" because those sort of limitations are unfair. You guys need to work things out, and both sides need to be heard & respected here.
    Good luck! :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:41 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• My 4 kids are all exactly 2 years apart.. With all 4 Bd's in the month of October.
    Dani41780

Answer by Dani41780 at 9:57 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• they will be 16 mos apart
    Trinity0820

Answer by Trinity0820 at 10:30 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• My three kids will be almost exactly 3 years apart.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:50 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• My first two are 13 months apart. Number 3 came along when number 2 was 20 months old. I love having them so close. My brothers are 5 and 8 years older than me. I was pretty much and only child and still don't really have a relationship with them. We talk at family functions and that is it (we all live within 5 miles of each other). I am so glad that my kids, hopefully, will have more of a bond with their siblings.
    Anonymous

• my daughters are 7 minutes apart which is VERY long for twins.

I believe having kids with 1,5 to 4 years distance is perfect because they're close and can have so much fun together.

My brother and I were 18 months apart and our little sister was 8 years younger than me. Poor little sister, she was always left out. My bro and I didn't start bonding with her until when she was about 13-14
    lovemytwinsters

Answer by lovemytwinsters at 11:28 PM on Dec. 14, 2009