is there really a difference?

i accidently bought detergent for a high efficiency washer and i don't think its a big deal (soap is soap) so i've been using it. My husband seems to believe that its not cleaning the same...he didnt even notice until he just went and put in a load of laundry. I think this "high efficiency detergent" is just a scam to get people with those type of washers to buy it. Is there really a difference? Are my clothes not getting clean because i've been using that stuff? ...and they should make the damn words a little bit bigger on the bottles so the i can see so i don't buy that crap anymore!!!

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 8:40 PM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Your DH sounds like mine. I bought some of that wheat bread that looks like white bread. My DH did not notice tell he made himself a sandwich. he threw the bread away. Just bacause it was wheat. And the 2% milk thing too. He drinks whole milk only.

Answer by louise2 at 8:56 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Sorry forgot to answer. No their is probably know difference in the laundry soap.

Answer by louise2 at 8:59 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• louise2..mine only drinks whole milk too..haha...but ya know, i think its so funny because if i were to get him a glass of 2% he would'nt notice and he would drink it but if he were to go to the fridge he would do the exact same thing as your hubby and dump it.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:59 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• High efficiency washers can create a TON of suds if you use laundry detergent that is not "high efficiency" so HE detergent doesn't suds so much. That may be why your hubby figures it's not cleaning adequately, because he doesn't see a lot of suds.

I make our own detergent. It's quite safe for HE, but I do notice in our regular washing machine that it doesn't create a lot of suds but it DOES a better job than Tide!
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 10:22 PM on Dec. 14, 2009