I'm bored w/him...

I don't know how I feel about my S/O anymore. He was fun, sweet, and everything you could think of before my son was born. This isn't the fault of anyone and please don't think I'm blaming my son because he is the best thing that has ever happened to me. Ever since he was born, my S/O has been ummm.... boring. Granted, I'm throughly grateful he is in my son's life, he acts like he hates me now. He's plain hateful. I feel as if he used me to have his son. He doesn't want to hang out or be with me for that matter. I'm bored to tears. I feel guilt and shame for feeling this way. I've tried working on our relationship but I don't think things will change. I feel stuck. I'm so sad. :-(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 PM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• sounds like you are just not used to sharing the affection
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:07 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• You guys need to try and plan a trip, or at least a night together... go out to dinner and a movie, or maybe if someone can watch your child rent a hotel.. .try and see if there is still anything there..
    Good luck to you!
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 9:08 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I think you just need to talk to your SO about how you feel. Just tell him how you really feel. It will either make or break your Relationship. But sense you are not married. Better know now then after you marry him.

Answer by louise2 at 9:08 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• ((op))True. I am not married to him. He has a lot of work to do before this happens.
    Anonymous

• Is it possible that you are experiencing post partum depression? I think men can also experience something similar when a child comes into the picture. As soon as I found out I was pregnant my ex changed, all the bad things about him got much worse. Once DD got here, it was all over. He didn't want to be tied down or have anyone depending on him, he basically did all he could to get me to leave him. He was very mean and hurtful, I was stressed beyond belief. I took care of DD all alone and eventually left when I found him cheating on me. I didn't realize how far apart we were until it was too late. It's great that you're trying, but you both have to want to be together. I do think relationships naturally have ups and downs, so maybe that is whats going on here. If he's unhappy too you both need to talk about this, no yelling or crying. Be very clear about what you need, no whining or dramatizing.
    camiam81

Answer by camiam81 at 9:15 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• You are not married to him so don't feel guilty. Just move on.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:15 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I would confront him about your feelings and let him know what your feeling. If he doesn't hear you out, honey i think Its time for you to stand up and get out. There is no use of being in a relationship if your unhappy. As I understand he can be very hateful to you who wants to be in a relationship like that. :)

Anonymous