my 4 year said.....

My 4 year old just came in here and said "theres no such thing as santa" I asked him why he said this and he said "I heard it on dr.Phil at my daddys moms house."

The only thing I could tell him is thats only because they are big people and santa doesnt bring them presents anymore... He said ohhhh!

heavenlypeace

Asked by heavenlypeace at 9:06 PM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• good comeback!
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:08 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• hmmmm....I feel a little guilty for lying to my son, but it's making him want to behave more. LOL.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:11 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Yea my parents used to tell me santa only visited people who believed. it worked on my little mind and made sense.. LOL
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 9:15 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Quick thinking! Good Job Mom! :)
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 9:36 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Good answer! But for the other answerer Santa is not a lie! He is a real person. St Nicholas.
    Anonymous

• Good answer!
    table4eight

Answer by table4eight at 10:16 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I always tell my kids that the Santa's they see in stores are not the real Santa...that we don't see the real Santa, because he is busy at the North Pole making toys. I did see Dr. Phil yesterday and he did say that, but warned parents to take little ones out of the room.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Why did you pass up that perfect oppurtunity to tell your child the truth! You dont know how long he will remember that lie. I was never told that santa or the easter bunny were true as a child because they arent and they are pointless. Shouldnt your child just know Mommy and Daddy love them enough to buy them gifts. And why cant you tell them what Christmas is actually about...Jesus! Christmas is a religious holiday and people who make it all about selfish things and Santa are commercializing it. Why lie to them?
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 12:58 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Answered at 9:45 PM on Dec. 14, 2009 by: Anonymous Good answer! But for the other answerer Santa is not a lie! He is a real person. St Nicholas.

Umm..hate to burst your bubble Anon, but St.Nick died hundreds of years ago. He is NOT climbing in peoples chimneys and flying around on raindeer. Santa IS a lie and presents arent even the true meaning of Chirstmas.

amber710

Answer by amber710 at 1:01 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Why is your MIL letting him watch Dr. Phil in the first place? :)
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 1:51 PM on Dec. 15, 2009