having a cross or angel figurines in your house, is that a sin to god

i need to know if i am doing wrong i do not worship these things i just think they are nice

countrygirl2006

Asked by countrygirl2006 at 9:08 PM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I really doubt God would find that sinful, but then again my thoughts are not God's thoughts
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:09 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• i'm sure there are those who will quote OT scripture that speaks of idols/etc..but really, an idol is something to be worshipped..are you worshipping your figurines? i highly doubt it...so IMO, its more clutter than sin.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:13 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I don't believe it becomes a sin until you start to worship them
    CuteandCurvy

Answer by CuteandCurvy at 9:18 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• It is only sin if you worship them.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:03 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Even some of us who aren't Christian have those things in our homes. I have a penny that has an angel cut out of it on my necklace. Those symbols are not strictly Christian, kwim?
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 10:25 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• No, I don't think that's a sin. They're only metal or porcelain decorations. They have no special "properties", and you aren't worshipping them.

But I'm sure someone will disagree.
    Redteux

Answer by Redteux at 10:25 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Which God are you refereing to?
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 11:21 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• There are places in the bible where God told people to build statues of angels (like 1 Chr. 28:18–19 and Ex. 25:18–20) and he commanded the building of other statues. So it's not having statues that is a problem. As others have said, the problem is worshipping.
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 1:43 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I agree with the hair nazi- more clutter than sin. If you are a born again believer you will know when something is a sin. The Holy Spirit lives in you and He will convict your heart.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 2:09 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• the right direction

There is only one!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:53 AM on Dec. 15, 2009