After you shave your legs...

Does anyone's legs ever get itchy after shaving them?

Cappy1979

Asked by Cappy1979 at 9:26 PM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Not if I use lotion.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 9:31 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• YES! I hate it.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 9:32 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Not anymore. I actually shave with body lotion now. I wet my legs with hot water, slather a hypo-allergenic lotion all up and down one section of my leg, shave while rinsing the blade under hot water frequently, and then rinse thoroughly. After I pat my skin dry I'll apply a thin layer of the lotion again and I'm good to go! The trick is to use something hypoallergenic - no dyes or perfumes - or as few as possible.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:33 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• YES I HATE THAT TOO!
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 9:34 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I just use lotion and it's fine.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:35 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I put lotion on after shaving my legs.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 10:50 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• the itching is due to new hair growing back lol it sucks i don't use lotion only because a lot of them burn!
    Zandrialeann

Answer by Zandrialeann at 11:57 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I always do lotion afterward. When I can afford it I buy Intuition razors which has soap and moisturizers attached to the razor and that helps too

Answer by admckenzie at 12:10 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Lotion and hypoallergenic hair removal work good but have you ever tried waxing?? The hair will stay off for two weeks so your are not damaging your skin from products and frequent shaving. Also! When you wax regularly each time it takes longer for the hair to grow back sometimes even to the point that it dosent.

Waxing is not pain free but most salons use a product called soothe that soothes the skin afterwards and takes the stinging away.
    EliseMichelle

Answer by EliseMichelle at 1:45 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Lube them up enough and they won't itch. It's dry shaving that causes the itchieness.
    toomanypoodles

Answer by toomanypoodles at 3:26 AM on Dec. 30, 2009