Is it possible my IUD is not it the correct place or Im pregnant??

I have the Minera IUD, and every other week I always check the string to make sure I can still feel it. I can usually feel about a half inch of the string outside my cervix. This past weekend I checked it and it felt like it was almost 2 inches long. Any possibility it could have gotten pushed out of place due to my period or that I could be pregnant????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 PM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Both are possible. If you don't have any pregnancy symptoms and you haven't missed a period, then your IUD either slipped or wasn't insertedd properly. You may need to have it replaced.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:59 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• This most definitely warrants a trip to the doctor. Both scenarios are possible. If it did move, it needs to be taken out and a new one inserted to prevent any possible pregnancies, if you are in fact, not pregnant.
    Psylocke

Answer by Psylocke at 10:08 PM on Dec. 14, 2009