Sister dating MUCH younger man.

What do you think: She is 28, he is 17! I seriously think there's something wrong with it. She must have a screw loose. I am almost in shock.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 PM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• That's disgusting in my mind.
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 10:09 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Normally, I wouldn't care that she was dating a younger man, any more than I would care about a woman dating an older man.

HOWEVER - she is NOT dating a man. She is dating a BOY! If a man her age was dating a girl this boy's age, he would be arrested and possibly have to register as a sex offender, depending on the laws in the State you're in. Frankly, I think I would research the laws in your State on this and present her with them, and ask her if this BOY that she is messing with is worth this!

Then, again, honestly, I think I would consider letting his parents know if they didn't already. Because, and I don't mean any of this in a mean way, but at these ages, with this gap, there's a problem here, and she needs to stop!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:11 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Yeah um is that even legal? Lol I would say damn atleast 21! Does she have a son?
    Anonymous

• That's not legal. That's the biggest problem I have with her dating a man younger than she is. Dating younger men is fine as long as they're consenting adults, and at 17 he isn't.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:12 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Oh, btw, just to clarify, my ds will be 17 next month, and my dd will be 16 in April. If I found out that either of them was dating someone that much older than them, at this point in their lives, you can bet your rear end that I WOULD be prosecuting them to the FULLEST extent possible! I wouldn't be surprised to find out that this kid's parents feel the same! Your sister is treading on very dangerous ground!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:12 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• She doesn't have kids. She's been going through a rough time. And i suspect she has mental issues (depression) but I don't know what to say. I don't want to humiliate her.
    Anonymous

• In some states that is infact illegal and she could go to jail for it.
    She is not daiting a man I agree it is a boy.
    She needs men her age not high schoolers.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:15 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• That is illegal. Ask her if she likes jail?

Answer by admckenzie at 10:16 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Tell her! She has already humiliated herself!
    Anonymous

• Unexplainable! All the above says it all!!!
    Anonymous