Mirena

So I just got the mirena IUD inserted today, and I am having really bad cramping. They feel like mild labor pains :( Ive taken motrin and tylenol, but they don't help. I just didn't expect it to be this painful! What is normal? Has anyone had these side effects?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on Dec. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• Mine hurt for a few weeks- I had spotting for 4-5 months. I had it taken out after almost 2 years and got preg. the next day. Needless to say, I do not think I will go on it again after baby number 2 comes. Also, my husband said he could feel the stringy things during sex. Call your doc. if you think something may be wrong.
    Anonymous

• I have Mirena and i love it! I don't have any periods. I have had it in for about 2 1/2 years. It felt like a pinch when i got it in but other than that i will get it again after my 5 yrs are up!
    MommyBulger

Answer by MommyBulger at 4:50 PM on Dec. 15, 2009