teething, or just something else?

my son's 3 months old.. he use to sleep at 3 am until like 5-6 hours later.. but now he sleeps at 6 am and we've been trying to change his clock..
anyhoo, he's constantly having his fist in his mouth, and when he's sucking on his thumb, I watched closely and it turned out he's trying to chew on his thumb.
he's constantly crying, won't eat that much and doesn't sleep much.

kittenripmaygo

Asked by kittenripmaygo at 10:32 PM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sounds like teething to me. I have a 4 month old who although is sleeping great at night, won't take naps during the day anymore, and constantly has his hand, fist, thumb, burp rag, wash cloth, blanket, toys, etc. etc. etc. in his mouth haha. He is also much more fussy and hasn't really had a huge appetite either. We heard about Hyland's Teething Tablets and have been using them and they seem to help. They are all natural tablets, no side effects, no medicine, that dissolve under baby's tongue...or you can dissolve them in milk or water first and give them to baby in a dropper which is what we do. They are supposed to help with the restlessness that comes with teething to stop the pain so baby can sleep. Give those a try.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:53 PM on Dec. 14, 2009