Daily schedule/routine for my 17 month old

I need some advice on creating a schedule and activities for my daughter. Right now she gets up at 7:30, has breakfast, plays by herself, nap at 11, up at 12:30, lunch, plays by herself, dinner at 5:30 - 6, bed at 6:30 or 7. Through out the day she'll bring me books to read, however she has just discovered Snow White and other cartoon DVDs and is starting to want to watch them all day long. I really want to get out of that habit, but am in desperate need of ideas of activities to do with her. I'm a sahm, so really anything is possible. PLEASE HELP!!

HaydensMommy708

Asked by HaydensMommy708 at 10:35 PM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You should try a morning "lesson" and outside play. She has a lot of time to play by herself, you really should interact with her more. My dd eats breakfast, plays a little while I clean it, then we do an activity such as painting or play dough, then she helps clean and plays while I clean the rest, we play together which is usually another learning type activity, she helps me clean, and gets a nap. After nap she eats lunch then plays or helps clean we try to go outside for a bit then she gets solo play while I make dinner. Sometimes solo play she wants to paint or play playdough. Only when we have a lot of bad weather, or I've been tired from the new baby she watches tv and it's always a dvd, no commercials 75% educational, and she wasn't allowed to watch before about 18months old.
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 10:51 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Here is a sample of my 17 month old's schedule:

8am-10am

wake up
    diaper
    breakfast
    she watches Mickey Mouse Clubhouse while I do a bit of cleaning
    she and I spend time together (usually reading books)
    small snack
    nap

10-noon nap

noon-3pm

wake up
    diaper
    dress for the day
    lunch
    (weather-permitting) outing to the store, or a walk...if weather is bad, we stay home, she "helps" me vacuum, sort clothes for the laundry, dust, etc)
    snack
    nap

3-4:30pm nap

4:30pm-7:30pm

wake up
    diaper
    play for a bit
    dinner
    she and I play together, or watch tv together...sometimes we'll go outside for a short walk
    bath
    bed by 7:30pm
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 11:56 PM on Dec. 14, 2009