Why are some girls whores but others aren't?

I've never been one to sleep around. Even when a lot of my friends were. My point is, what is it that makes somes girls sleep around but others dont? Self esteem? Bad childhood? Not knowing their father? I see these young girls these days who are way too grown. It's scary.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 PM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• Really, it comes down to the individual woman. Each of those things can be true for two women, and yet they can still make completely different choices with their lives. It's just individual priorities.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 11:00 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• All of those above and more.
    Anonymous

• When I was being promiscuous it was because of all the sudden attention. I was always the ugly duckling but when I turned 18, I filled out, learned about makeup and hair and discovered how heals make your butt look plumper! lol so I didn't realize that the attention i was getting was bad attention and since I didn't have a dad around i didn't have anyone to tell me how to act around guys, whats acceptable/whats not, etc. (my mother wasn't really that much help in that area)
    Anonymous

• Sleeping around doesn't make a woman a whore. Accepting money for sleeping around makes her a whore. What makes a woman have more than one sex partner? Maybe the same thing that makes a man have more than one sex partner. I hear that you have to kiss a lot of frogs to find your prince. Perhaps some women want more than just that kiss!

Answer by admckenzie at 11:19 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• If they were really mature and grown they would not be sleeping around. Women who sleep with multiple men are lacking something in their lives and think sex will fix that void. Many also think putting out will keep a guy. Some even try to have baby bait to keep a guy. I have only been with my husband some call me a prude or have told me I missed out. I am not sure what I missed out one. STD's, unplanned pregnancies with random strangers and feeling like a loser because of both doesn't seem all that fun to me.
    Anonymous

• whore (hôr, hr)
    n.
    1. A prostitute.
    2. A person considered sexually promiscuous.
    3. A person considered as having compromised principles for personal gain.
    intr.v. whored, whor·ing, whores
    1. To associate or have sexual relations with prostitutes or a prostitute.
    2. To accept payment in exchange for sexual relations.
    3. To compromise one's principles for personal gain.

slut (slt)
    n.
    1.
    a. A person, especially a woman, considered sexually promiscuous.
    b. A woman prostitute.
    2. A slovenly woman; a slattern.

Here are definitions of slut and whore. If you sleep around both fit. Don't get made at me get mad at the dictionary and yourself.

Anonymous

• All but a few of my friends were sexually active as a teen. I was a virgin til 20 and lost my virginity to my husband. I had two other friends who were in long term relationships before they had sex. One of my friends (she was very promiscuous) was just lonely and wanted to male approval. Another just liked sex! And my other friends just had sex with all the boys they dated. My mother talked to me about sex at a young age, she told me all my years growing up it's best to wait. It sank in. I really don't know the answer to your question. lol

Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 12:34 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• some girls just like sex and dont want to be with just one person for so long and others can be in a relationship and be happy with just sleepin with one person and whores also dont give a fuck bout no one but there self
    myangelelena

Answer by myangelelena at 12:45 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Yes, you're a whore if you sleep around. Sorry, but it is what it is, and if you don't like being known as a whore, then don't be one, or either just own up to it and quit sugar-coating what a whore is because you don't like being known as one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I have only had sex with my husband but I don't go around calling other women whores. Just because I saved myself doesn't mean that's the right choice for everyone. I don't understand why women enjoy calling other women whores? I think women sleep around for a variety of reasons, there are no set reasons. I chose to not sleep around because I only wanted to have sex with my husband and I believe my body is a temple. I had high self-esteem and yes I have been dumped for not sleeping around or giving head. I don't really care. But I also don't call other women whores. They need to do what they feel is best for them and that's exactly what I did.
    la_bella_vita

Answer by la_bella_vita at 1:32 AM on Dec. 15, 2009