Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hubby has a spider bite

Hey. My hubby has spider bits on his chest and back. The surrouning area is red, close to the bite is swollen and the bite itself is a dark dark color but its kinda bubbly liek a blister.. but not. I can see an infection type thing under the oen on his back... any idea what spider it may be or if he should got the hospital? tyvm

Answer Question

Asked by Angela411 at 12:35 AM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Health

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • PS we looked it up online.... it kinda looks like an early black widow spider bite... thanks again... PPS he musta got it in his sleep

    Answer by Angela411 at 12:38 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

  • I'd go to the ER..........better safe then sorry I think!

    Dang sure dont want it to be a brown recluse bite!!!!!!! He may not be allergic to the bite but better to see what they do for the black widow bites!

    Good luck to him!

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

  • or a brown recluse. I would have a doctor look at it.

    Answer by pagirl71 at 7:46 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

  • nobody ever really finds out what kind of spider bites them. especially with what you have described. very common. how many days has it been? google brown recluse bites photos and compare it to what DH has, if it resembles the photos just call your physician, don't go to the hospital. tell the person on the phone it matches brown recluse photos online. if it's a black widow bite your husband would be really ill and have some mild neurological effects almost immediately, we can probably rule that out. if you have any ceftin or keflex or PCN around the house you might want to start using it, most spider bites only cause a mild allergic type reaction with a mild staph infection.

    Answer by jewjewbee at 7:58 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.