How do i know if my husband is being hazed in the military

my husband is in the navy and no matter what he does or doesn't do he is always in trouble with his higher ranking senior enlisted . for example him and another sailor were late on the same day any my husband got there before the other guy ... my husband got yelled at, 2 weeks of extra duty has to do a complete sea bag inspection or he can go to the DRB but the other guy that was later than my husband was told hey don't do it again . they have even gone as far as leaving threatening messages on my phone telling him that they are going to

adarkangel57579

Asked by adarkangel57579 at 12:35 AM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Money & Work

• Sounds like something else is going on that you might not know about. Are you sure you have the whole story?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• There has got to be more to the story!!! The only way to really know is if your husband tells you this is happening. I know this seemingly cruel behavior occurs in the military, but typically it occurs with people who have repetitively annoying behaviors that negatively affect the other men.

I know you want to protect him, but remember he is a grown man and as a military person - he needs to be able to defend himself. If he can't defend himself, how can he be a defender of the country? If it truly is illegal/immoral/unbecoming/abusive behaviors directed toward him unfairly, then HE must do something. YOU simply cannot....

Have faith in him, that he will find a way to get these behaviors to stop. This will only make him stronger, dear.
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 12:43 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• i do know the entire story i have actually had about 2 meetings with his Senior Cheif and i have to go to one more tomorrow they are saying that he beats me and they are making up all this stuff and im getting tired of lies and my husband going from loving serving his country to hating it on a daily basis .... i just want them to leave him be he doesnt do anything wrong but show up late one time in months everyone makes mistakes no ones perfect
    adarkangel57579

Answer by adarkangel57579 at 12:55 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• that's not hazing.
    your hubby needs to get a grip on his business and responsibilities, and be more honest with you about how he is performing at work and treating others in his division. the military will take care of it's own, and will weed out the dead weight on their own. you aren't being told everything, and maybe you don't need to know everything. lots of wives just couldn't handle it.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:46 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Everyone in the military gets yelled at. In the military you do as you’re told and follow orders. Mistakes can be costly at times and he needs to be on time. Only suggestion I have for you is to stay out of his career because the more trouble he creates the more they will give him a hard time.

Do as your told and blend in.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Dec. 15, 2009