How can i get my toddler to go to sleep at night??

My daughter will be 2 in February and has decided she does not like bed time which she never used to have a problem with. This is an every night thing. It is now 11:45and she is STILL up screaming in her bed and refuses to go to sleep. She does this every night and does not give up until she is laying wherever with me she has never slept in bed with me as a newborn, infant or toddler till just these last few night since this has started. I don't know what else to do I have left her in her bed to cry and it does not work she finally screams and cry's so much she throws up all over herself!! I am exhausted ..... what gives?? HELP!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I am having the same problem. Never had an issue with bedtime. He is 2 and a couple of months. All of the sudden he is screaming, instead of smiling, giving kisses, and falling asleep. Hope someone has an answer!
    Renee21

Answer by Renee21 at 5:28 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Have you changed anything in the room lately? I know I did that once and one of mine started screaming at night. Finally I laid next to him on the toddler bed to try and keep him in and when I looked up there was this really weird shadow on the wall from where the outside light shown in. When I moved the bed back to the regular place he went right to sleep. No more scary shadow. Try getting down to their level and see what they are seeing and hearing. There could easily be something they don't like going on.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 11:33 AM on Dec. 15, 2009