so my son is 9 months old and he will not stay in his crib anymore or alone in his room as soon as he sees me even looking at the door he starts crying with the biggest tears, gagging himself! does anyone have these problems? give me some advice what do i dooo to make it stop?

jacobalex_mommy

Asked by jacobalex_mommy at 12:52 AM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He loves you and wants to be with you. He HATES being ignored. All he wants is your love.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Ugh lol so he's hit that stage huh... Its completely normal.. my daughter used to like crawl after me crying her head off if i went into the next room... he's clingy.. its okay.. you just need to slowly start going farther away from him and coming back and letting him know its okay and then leave again for longer periods of time.. like doing dishes or something and then come back and let him know its okay still... its easier if u give him something to focus on while your gone like a toy or something that makes noise and will hold his attention... good luck momma
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 1:04 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• It's normal. Separation anxiety. he has no sense of time and no idea that you are coming back...he hasn't reach that developmental stage yet. He doesn't have to sleep alone in a crib. He can sleep anywhere you are in any available place: bed, floor, couch, etc.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 1:11 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Cosleep.
    Wear your baby
    Your baby need to be reassured and feel secure. He is starting to learn that the world is big and scary and he needs to know that you will always be there for him.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:26 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I agree. Read the Continuum Concept by Jean Liedlof. I never let my kids be alone and afraid. Now they are older, and are pretty secure confident kids, and we have a good connection.
    I love attachment parenting!
    Lovey1234

Answer by Lovey1234 at 8:15 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• When my son was at that stage I put up the pack and play in the living room and he would be happy just being able to see me. The trick was to pretend to ignore him. If he saw me watching he would start crying but if I'd look the other way he'd stop and be fine.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 3:04 PM on May. 1, 2010