MOMS OF 15 months and younger...

what are some words your child is saying?? could you list them? my son is 5 and has been for behind in speech and i am curious about my 14m daughter's progress thus far, i dont know where she should be.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son only said a few words at 15 months. Things like ball, dog, oh wow, uh-oh. Probably 10 words. My 15 month old daughter is delayed and can't even babble, so she's an exception.
    lifetimelove

Answer by lifetimelove at 1:32 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• My son is 15 months right now and says mama, dada, daddy, kitty, boo boo, hey, bye, nana. I think that's it. He still talks a lot of jibberish too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Anon :35 here. He says no-no too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• My daughter is 12mths old. She says: hi, bye, yeah, stop, no, mama, dada, and her name nana. She understands stuff like look @ mommy, come here, don't play w/ that..etc. Hope this helps. She started talking @ 7 mths, she was born @ 35 wks so she was behind for the first 6 mths and suddenly learned everything after the 6th mth. Every baby is different so if you really are concerned I would talk to your doctor and maybe look into speech therapy.
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 2:07 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• my 14 month old says mom mama dad dada papa nana cat dog night night bye no ya and today he said ass hole!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:37 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I have an 11 month old that says Mama and Dad. He said uh-huh once in response to a question but that is it for him. What she is saying or not may not be that big of a deal at this point. My first was a bit slow to talk but at 6 years old is in the advanced reading group at school
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:51 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I have an almost 15-month old. He says Daddy, dog, ball, bye bye, nana (banana), tickle tickle, nigh nigh, and mama & kitty kitty, although not as often now. And he says NO NO, especially when he's doing something he shouldn't! Yes, talk to you ped. Good for you in staying ahead of the game - best wishes!
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 12:19 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• My 15 month old says the following:
    mama, tata (which means grandma), grapa (grandpa), more, mine, no no no no no, book, gock (cracker), hello, phone, hi, bye, dog, kitty, boob (she's breastfed), eat, lunch, eggy, cup, yum yum, poop, paha (means "pajaro" which is bird in spanish), bapack (the backpack from dora), siper (swiper the fox), yes, wow, splash

that's all i can think of
    soflashelley

Answer by soflashelley at 12:39 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• WOW mine is almost 14 months and ill i hear from him is mamamamama and keykey (kitty) and dada. and a whole lot of screaming. yeah thats it. yall must have some geniuses running around
    saraelf

Answer by saraelf at 12:54 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• My son is almost one, understands a lot, but all he says is heyyy, and no, and uh oh
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 3:09 PM on Dec. 15, 2009