Do you scrapbook? i need ideas

So i'm making a scrapbook for my DSS's (half) little sister. This up coming visit will only be his second time meeting her (he is almost 4 and she is almost 2). I have a pic of them from their first time meeting that i used on a layout but i'm having a hard time thinking of a title. A lot of stuff doesn't really apply to them because they don't really even know each other.

Suggestions?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 1:36 AM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Like branches on a tree, (as the title)
    We may grow in different directions,
    yet our roots remain as one.
    Each of our lives will always be
    a special part of the other. (in a small box in the bottom corner)
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 2:27 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• It's hard to come up with an idea without seeing the picture. What do you think about showing the picture to your son and see what he has to say about it, and use his quote.
    Example:
    "I had fun playing with my little sister!"
    Matt

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:25 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

We may grow in different directions,
    yet our roots remain as one.
    Each of our lives will always be

I LOVE THIS! ...but i'm just doing a mini album so there isn't enough room. :( ...it's just a real small 6x6. Sometimes she's homeless so i wanted to make sure it was something they could keep.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:43 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Thanks :) I used this in an 8x8 album for my 1/2 sister - - we have only started getting to know each other as adults. You could try writing it around the edges rather than using a "title" I've done that with longer quotes. Or, save it for another time :) Good luck with the album!! I think it's great that you're putting so much effort into something for this little girl!!! :)
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 2:47 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I know what it's like to have a (half) sibling that you've never met or know very little about. I have 4 half sisters. One i grew up with. The other three have a different mom and she ran off with them. I met my oldest sister when I was 11ish. I met the other one a couple years later and i still have never met the third one. The oldest and i try to keep in contact. We have much in common, but we also have very much that is different.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:59 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Awww................I love Tiffany's poem! I'm going to copy it for my half sister!

I'm pretty sure it would go right over a 2 year old's head though. I think the poem would mean more to the mom than to the little sister. Really cute idea on making her a scrapbook!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:40 AM on Dec. 15, 2009