Need Christmas Gift Ideas PLEASE

My husband keeps asking me what I want for Christmas. That is awful sweet of him. However, the trouble is,

I HAVE NO IDEA

It's kind of a rule in our house, nothing practical. I am a very practical person. So a few years ago, my family set the rule that I couldn't ask for practical things, just FUN things.

Please help! I am truly lost. I don't have any hobbies. I really have no idea. Please help me come up with ideas to tell my hubby today!!

RutterMama

Asked by RutterMama at 7:52 AM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• What do you like? What do you enjoy? Do you like jewelry....is there an activity you want to try? It is hard for anyone else to answer this question for you. Look at yourself with some detachment for a minute----if you were going to give YOU a present, what would it be? Maybe "brainstorm" with a pen and paper...write down everything you think of...without evaluatiing the ideas at first. Once you have a list of, lets say 10-20 ideas, then sort through them and see if there is anything that stands out! Have fun with it....write down things even if you think they are sort of outrageous or whatever....whatever comes to mind when you are being creative and fun. Maybe something will come to you that way!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 8:18 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• How about clothes? Clothes are NEVER practical for me! LOL Or maybe even asking for a ggift cert. for a mani/pedi or massage.
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 8:40 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I always use Christmas to get or replace things. Needed new linens last year and so on. I got new ones. This year I needed new clothes. Do things to improve lifestyle or yourself.
    Lynn1575

Answer by Lynn1575 at 8:50 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Thanks guys! The last thing I need is more clothes, and or jewelry. I do know that he got me a beautiful ring that I wanted. We are also on a very limited budget, with him being laid off for part of the year this year.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 9:01 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I would love to be pampered. massage, pedicure, manicure, new hair cut and or color. Or maybe a really fun day with the whole family at an amusment park or aquarium. I also would love plane tickets to go see my hubby for the holidays. Maybe a realy nice dinner for you and hubby and a room for the night. Hope that gave you ideas. Ohhh go tanning, so relaxing.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 9:24 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• You can ask for something sentimental - a symbolic item engraved so you will remember this Christmas always.
    Go around the house and look around....is there a room you would like to add character to without it being practical?
    If you have a hobby, interest, or craft you can ask for items for those or ask for gift certificates to the stores you would like to shop at.
    Ask for something frivolous and off the wall....a weekend getaway, a day at the spa, a shopping spree, or a Wii {wink}.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:12 AM on Dec. 15, 2009