is your 1st period after having a baby suspose to be painful? plz help im in alot of pain!!

i had my son 11 wks ago! an i finally started my period yesterday! but im having really bad cramps ive never had them this bad! im also bleeding really bad to the point were i have to wear a tampon an a pad at the same time!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:01 AM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sounds similar to my first period after having my son. I thought i was having some kind of hemorrhage, but my doc said it was just my period returning. It will get better each month from now on.
    dawpea

Answer by dawpea at 8:14 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Mine was pretty painful as well. I hope it's gets better. So far I've only gotten one
    CaylaLU

Answer by CaylaLU at 9:18 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Yea, that's what my periods were like BEFORE the baby, whole reason I got preggo lol. Yeah I'm 7 mo pp & I've had a few like that. Bath, ibuprofen, heating pad, rest, intake more iron & try not to do too much physical exercise. If the pain is sooooo bad then call your dr & get something stronger. For me I couldn't even get out of bed it hurt so much, thought I was having complications. Hang in there!!!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 9:30 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I actually had a VERY painful period and xtra bleeding but it was my 2nd one after birth n its been normal after that one.
    KileighsMom

Answer by KileighsMom at 9:36 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I had horrendous painful cramps during my first few periods but the first was by far the worst. Hang in there!

mama_l

Answer by mama_l at 12:54 PM on Dec. 15, 2009