When a person tells you to suck it up , what does that mean?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:02 AM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• I agree that it means "deal with it"

Answer by admckenzie at 10:22 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• It is all in the context, it could mean deal with it, put up with it, stop winning and just go with the flow.

The fact that somebody is suggesting you to do that doesn't necessarily mean that it is the best thing for you to do. Be careful what he/she is suggesting you to deal with, that's all. Simple advice if something doesn't feel right, it probably isn't. Good luck and I hope somehow I have helped.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 8:10 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Thanks. It is a school issue. The principal told me to show my face, but there have been conflicts that she is aware of. A lot of drama mommas there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:13 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• the principal told you to suck it up? wtf
    sgtdemanda

Answer by sgtdemanda at 8:21 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• It means to deal with it , if you like it or not
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:23 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• No my friend did. But the principal knows the problem and it is just a jealousy hs issue.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:25 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Oh lord. I wouldn't go back and relive hs years for anything in the world. Looking back all the things that seemed like the end of the world at the time were nothing and stupid to be getting upset over lol. hang in there
    sgtdemanda

Answer by sgtdemanda at 8:27 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• You seem too young to be having jealousy problems. Focus on getting an education and let "those negative feelings" for later on.
    If other girls are jealous that is their problem, one thing and one thing only should matter to you right now, get an education, no buts or ifs, focus on that and let anything else falls where it may.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 8:29 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• thanks demanda. I have until June. Women can be so petty. Especially over looks and clothes...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:29 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I am in my 40s and these ladies are in their 30's. They are trying to relive their college dorm years. I on the other hand have worked on Wall St my whole life and I think this behavior is so silly but thank goodness the administration knows so that next year when there is another sexy momma or mommas they will have a different game plan .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:31 AM on Dec. 15, 2009