period still has not returned

I have been feeding my daughter formula from almost the beginning and now she is 3.5 months and I still don't have a period. has anyone else waited this long for a period? my doctor said it's ok, but I still think it's way too long!

shandyeddie

Asked by shandyeddie at 8:23 AM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Health

• I had the same issue, my dr said that you dont start getting a period after you have a baby for at least 3 months. I believe it took mine 5 months to get back on course which I thought was way crazy but my dr said I was fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• When I had my first child I had waited 6 months for my period to come back, I had been bottle feeding as well so I went to my gyno to find out what was going on. It seems that the one and only time that I had gotten intimate with my ex I wound up pregnant again. My period had not come back at all during the time before I got pregnant the second time. After I gave birth to my second child, my period is regular and lasts from 3 to 4 days.
    BooBear666

Answer by BooBear666 at 9:10 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I did too, but I was pregnant with my little boy. Very unexpected. I did get my period later on, I didn't realize I was pregnant until 2/3 months.

I had my daughter October 26, then my son, the next year Dec. 4.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:13 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Mine didn't come back for ten YEARS and the doctor didn't get upset. I was fine with it but then they decided to fix it and make them come back. It's just a hormonal thing

Answer by admckenzie at 11:17 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• A period isn't a sign of fertility. You can still ovulate and not have a period..many women do in fact. I would be happy if mine didn't return. Mine took 2 years but I am breastfeeding :)
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 12:51 PM on Dec. 15, 2009