10 out of 10 people will die, where will you spend eternity?

i am so bothered by the world today. all anyone ever cares about is "being happy" do you honestly think that's what life is about? the bible says deny yourself and pick up the cross and follow me. does that sound like he is saying "just be happy"? nope. Do you ever think about what will happen when you die. is pleasure on this earth so important, that you will spend eternity in hell? there is right and wrong. period. lieing, stealing,killing all these are wrong, no matter what ur excuse is. for those who don't believe in God.I will pray for you. just take a minute to shut your eyes and think. Do you really think about it??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:27 AM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Without a doubt...I will be with my Father in Heaven.
    SoKamele

Answer by SoKamele at 8:30 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Because obviously your sky daddy is the only one who's real, and if you don't beleive then you MUST be a bad person only interested in transitional happiness?
    Try opening your eyes.
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 8:46 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• "Do you really think about it??"   You bet I do.

Psalms 119:97-101: How I do love your law! All day long it is my concern. ... your reminders are a concern to me. .... From every bad path I have restrained my feet, For the purpose that I may keep your word.
    Hebrews 12:9: Shall we not much more subject ourselves to the Father of our spiritual life and live?

JES xxx

CosyMama

Answer by CosyMama at 9:13 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Deny yourself... *rolls eyes* That's why believers are under the false assumption they are really happy. No wonder they are guilt ridden and full of fear and disgust for the world. All they care about is the afterlife. To me, you are undeserving of the life you DO have. How ungrateful.

Pleasure does not mean lying, cheating, stealing, killing and fornicating without inhibition. There are many pleasures in life that are not harmful to you or the world. Be happy, enjoy life beacuse no matter how much you're afraid to admit it, it might just be the only one you have.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:18 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• i don't think JC intended for us to not be happy in this life. ''happy'' is in the eye of the beholder..as you can clearly see, non-believers think xtians are assuming they are happy, but are instead guilt-ridden and fearful. NOT TRUE! (at least, not for me!) i am very happy with this life..i'm appreciative of everything i have, and everyone that has entered my 'realm'. (yes, even those who disagree with me.) we've been given an abundant gift of life!! (jn 10:7-10, for all my bible-thumpin' peeps) yes, we believe in an afterlife, a heaven, and yes we are to spread the message of grace and mercy..but turn your question around and ask yourself, ''do i enjoy the life i've been given?" if all you dwell on is the future, and i'm not saying that's all bad!, you miss a great opportunity to do good and enjoy good in this life. you never know the influence you may have on those same people you spread the message to, just by living!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:28 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• there is nothing wrong w/ being happy...God doesnt want you to sit around & be depressed all the time. denying yourself is about following God even if its hard, not about keeping yourself from having any fun. pleasure doesnt revolve around sin, you can be happy in worship...so does that mean you cant enjoy worship?

i do think about what will happen when i die, but honestly thats none of your business. ive put more thought into my beliefs than the average person & get this...its bringing me happiness!!

but if you think living a unhappy, ascetic life will somehow bring you closer to God, good for you. im just glad my beliefs in God allow me to be have pleasures in this life AND treasures in heaven.

and only sick ppl get pleasure from lying, killing, & stealing...
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:35 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I believe you can be happy and not sin. Happiness does not equal sin. Pleasure does not equal sin. What is the point of this life if we sit around miserable the whole time? God gave us things to enjoy here on earth, it how, when and why we take advantage of those pleasures and joys that makes the difference.

Anwylaeth

Answer by Anwylaeth at 9:41 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• All the happinesses promised in the Bible are contingent upon a right relationship with God.

PrivateWitness
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I can't control what happens to me when I'm gone, what I can control is the life I live right now. So yes, I think being Happy is very important. I want our children to be happy people, to enjoy the life they have. Why dwell on what MIGHT happen? We are good people, not hurting anyone, taking care of our family, helping others when we can, and living a VERY HAPPY life. W/out the invisible man... Give me someone I can see, and he/she can tell me where I'm going and then I might think about my death, or where I'm going when I die.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:36 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• i am so bothered by the world today. all anyone ever cares about is "being happy" do you honestly think that's what life is about?  Absolutely!   the bible says deny yourself and pick up the cross and follow me.  Who gives a f*ck?  does that sound like he is saying "just be happy"? nope.   Nope, he wants you live in complete misery!  I pity you.  Do you ever think about what will happen when you die.  Nope cuz I'll be dead. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:10 AM on Dec. 15, 2009