Confused..!?

I thought i was about 13 weeks but i just went for my 1st ultrasound today and found out i am about 8 weeks and 4 days. I don't remember when was my last period. How do i know what day i actually got pregant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'd say trust what the ultrasound said. So just count backwards 8 weeks and 4 days
    CaylaLU

Answer by CaylaLU at 9:39 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• ultrasounds are usually pretty good guesses early on like this. i would say it's pretty accurate. i also like to go by the later due date because then no one will be pressuring you to induce when it's really way too early. :) congrats
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Yeah, I agree ultrasounds are pretty much on the button. What made you think you were pregnant earlier?The home pregnancy test? or the way you felt? or did you ...to your s o and ... ........ at a ..... ....?
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 10:00 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• be honset with your self. hon.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 10:02 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I thought i was about 13 weeks because when i went to the clinc and found out i was pregnant (about a month ago) . the doctor there did a pap and she said she thought i was about 8 weeks. I actually thought i was only about a month. I guess she just confused me. Did i what? i dont get it.

yea i've heard ultrasounds are pretty accurate so i guess ill just stay with 8 weeks and 4 days.
    Anonymous

• Take how far along you are, and subtract two weeks, and that is considered the day you ovulated. You subtract the two weeks, because they measure how far along you are from the first day of your last menstrual period (LMP). So you ovulated 6 weeks and 4 days ago (roughly).
    That first ultrasound is pretty accurate, because the embryo changes so rapidly, they can judge how far along you are by the size of the embryo, and what stage it's at. So I'd stick with that date (even if they give you different dates in later ultrasounds- those dates are less accurate).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:52 AM on Dec. 16, 2009