Is there anyone that knows anything about becoming an CNA?

I was thinking about going back to school to become a CNA. But the only thing is that I dropped out of school when I was 16 not by my choice.It's been about 13 years sents I been in school. Do I need to get my GED to become a CNA? I want to beter my life and my kids life by getting a half good job that I can work at night.Thats will be the closest job I'll ever be able to do to what I wanted to be as I was growing up.By me getting a job like this at least I'll be able to get some of the things I want in life.I live in Lowell MA.
Any advice would be nice thanks ladies

Mamato2angels

Asked by Mamato2angels at 9:27 AM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Money & Work

• My mother had to go back to get her GED, before they would start her in CNA classes. We are in NC. Its really easy getting your GED you could get it done in a couple of weeks if you wanted to.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 9:52 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• You need your GED.
    I am in NC as well and here your don't even have to take the classes, as long as you can pass the state test.
    Google your state requirements.
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 12:25 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I dont know about GED, but a lot of nursing homes in my area offer the training (school) for free if you work for them when you are done......Check around with some, you never know!
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 12:52 PM on Dec. 15, 2009