Would you buy a Nano Ipod for your kid? (the one that shows videos)

My dh plans on getting our kids a nano ipod for Christmas. Our kids are 6 yrs. old a girl and an 8 yrs. old a boy and call it good I like the idea but you know how kids are it's all about quantity not quality....lol they'll probably love their gift but at the same time what? this is it..... :(
Well they're at the age where they still play with toys but omg their room is full of it and junky looking no matter how much we try to straigten out. So no more toys for now (or maybe ever...lol) So do you think these gifts would be suffient for them or should I still get one or two more of toys? Thank you Ladies for listening.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Dec. 15, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• At that age, I still think they may be a tad young.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• for a teen -yes for a kid...not so much- I'd maybe get them a much cheaper one
    *We got my 15yr old daughter an ipod nano-purple one for her b-day and it was stolen about 2-3 months after she got it
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:43 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I would look for one that looks like the ipod but is cheaper. That way, they still get what they want and you can afford to get a few other things for them!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:58 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Good idea khedy! We got our son an ipod nano last yr for xmas but he was 12... It's a very expensive thing to give a small child.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:34 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• What would a 6 year old or 8 year old do with a mp3 player? I just find that they wouldn't get a full use out of it. Better to buy them a gameboy or something.
    CyberBri

Answer by CyberBri at 12:44 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• My son would loose it...He's 5. He just lost his Sansa Shaker MP3 player. Thank God it was only 20 dollars!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:58 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• My son is 13 and I still won't buy him a Nano ipod. NO 6 or 8 year old needs something like that. It will get lost or broken very quickly.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:30 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I would not be wasting that much money on something that is going to get lost or broken.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 2:35 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• i bought my 5 yr old an mp3 player with videon ($36). he wanted an ipod like mine, but i wasnt going to spend that money. he is very much into music and is good with things like that, but its still too much.
    MBsMom2004

Answer by MBsMom2004 at 8:13 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• also, make sure it is easy to navigate. my sons is a Coby.
    MBsMom2004

Answer by MBsMom2004 at 8:15 PM on Dec. 16, 2009