baby name opinions--Lawson

hi ladies just wanted to get some impressions of Lawson as the first name for a boy.

this is my MIL's maiden name and i think it is a good first name but my husband doesn't like it. but my husband doesn't like any name so... :)

it won't hurt my feelings if you all don't like it, i just like to get some impressions.

We would probably mostly call him Lawson but also sonny ;) My 2 year old son's name is Franklin, and we mostly call him Franklin but sometimes Frankie

Stefanie83

Asked by Stefanie83 at 9:29 AM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think it's cute :) What middle name are you putting with it?
    jenwmuot

Answer by jenwmuot at 9:42 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• undecided on the middle name for sure, but possibly James, for my stepdad who passed in 2008. also James Lawson was my MIL's dad's name and he passed away about 6 years ago. i know my MIL would love that so much. and so would her mom who is getting really up there in years now...
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:47 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I do think it is original, but

No, I really don't like it.

Only because they have to live with it and go through the teasing and stuff.

My daughters name is Jordynn Julia, she is just getting use to her name, and says why didn't you name me Julia?
    My family and friends, love her name, but sometimes it is harder on them to deal with it.

At the time us parents don't think about that, I was called smelly Kelly, I hated my name but now I love it. Grammar school was no joke with the teasing and it hurt for years to come.

KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 9:53 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• "At the time us parents don't think about that, I was called smelly Kelly, I hated my name but now I love it. Grammar school was no joke with the teasing and it hurt for years to come."

thanks kfree! i do worry about teasing... i worry about that with Franklin too. but i think you make a good point. kids make fun of every name. i'm stefanie so of course i got step-on-me. full house really made that big in my grammar school days! i would always argue "there is no P in my name!" um but they didn't care. hehe. =) i think Jordynn is a pretty typical name too. there were jordans in my school anyway.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:56 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I like the name Lawson, I think it's cute. Right now I can't think of how kids would tease him with that name...but honestly kids will tease each other about all kinds of things and even names that we couldn't even think of! So I say go with Lawson James, it sounds like a very nice name to me, and it'll make your family happy!
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 10:17 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I dont like it because it reminds me of a town where my friend moved to when I was little. Lawson, Missouri.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Dec. 15, 2009