Why do you want to work from home?

What are you willing to do to to make sure this happens?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Money & Work

• I work from home and I want to do it because a) it gives me a little sense of accomplishment on days when I feel like the most important thing I do is change diapers. b) I want to still stay in the work force so that when my kids are a little older I can have something to put on my resume when I decide to go back to work.
    As far as what I am willing to do to make it happen.... Well, I give up a lot of time with my husband. We worked it out so that when he comes home from work I "go to work" on my computer, and we are unable to talk to each other while I work. It's rough, but we feel like it is worth it. Thankfully it's only 4 nights a week, so we still have weekends together
    CaylaLU

Answer by CaylaLU at 9:37 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I would love to work from home. When it is slow, I can do what I have to do at home.

My kids are closer too me, how can I get started, any body know???

KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 9:46 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I started working at home with Ameriplan so that I could help my hubby with bills without putting my daughters in daycare. I want to be able to give my daughters the world and that is why I work so hard at my business!!! 

ChristinaDennis

Answer by ChristinaDennis at 10:23 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• What are you selling?

Answer by rkoloms at 12:53 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I want to work at home for several different reasons. I want to be in control of my pay and not have someone else tell me what I am worth. I want to have financial freedom so I am not living every month from paycheck to paycheck, part of this comes with discipline in what you spend your money on but I don't want to have to worry if there is enough. I want to be my own boss and call the shots. I want the freedom to vacation when I want not when it fits someone else's schedule and the list goes on and on. I am an independent distributor with Scent Sations and give up a lot of my family time to work my business after I have worked at my job. I will give up many things now to enjoy what I have built later.
    Kari126

Answer by Kari126 at 1:02 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• For me its not just about wanting to work from home I have to. I have no car because I was in an accident 6 months ago and three of those months I lived at the hospital with my year and a half old daughter because she was in the car as well and suffered multiple brain traumas and is now in therapy 4 out of 7 days of the week. We live off my husbands pay which makes it very very hard most weeks we have to borrow money to get by till pay time but loose the money right away from paying it back. I've been trying selling Herbalife for about two months now and haven't made that much because I don't have money to invest in advertising. So if you are either interested in Herbalife or know of a investing free work from home job that is not a scam I would love to know.
    Katie523

Answer by Katie523 at 2:44 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I, too work from home with Ameriplan and it's because I have debt that needs to be paid off but I don't trust daycares (& don't judge that b/c a lot here have been shut down due to child abuse) nor can I afford them. So, my best bet was to find a home based business that I could work when I want and make how much I want.
    atowers

Answer by atowers at 11:51 AM on Dec. 16, 2009