If you are not religious,do you engage in discussions about religion or is it a topic that you have no interest in talking about?

AngiDas

Asked by AngiDas at 9:37 AM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm Mormon, so yes, I'm religious, but I enjoy religious conversations with just about anyone who isn't out to kill me as justified by their religion. I can enjoy a good conversation with an atheist, a Muslim, a Jew, a Catholic, a Buddist... and the list goes on and on.

As long as both parties are respectful, I find it an enlightening experience. And I don't have to be "winning" an argument to enjoy it.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 1:08 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• It depends on the subject really. I have a very strong Faith, but do NOT consider myself religous. I don't belong to any religon and my beliefs are ecclectic at best lol. But I have no problem talking about faith, but again, it depends on what is exactly being discussed
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:39 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• It just depends on the topic and how knowledgeable I am on it. Discussions on religion aren't a "joy" for me. I'd just much rather live it and serve it than talk about it. Discussions so often lead to arguements anyway...especially here on CM.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 9:47 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I believe in God, but I do not subscribe to any particular religion. I don't usually participate in discussion about religion unless I am asking questions for a better understanding. I find some discussions on religion interesting, but I take everything I read online with a grain of salt, since many different people in the same religion interpret their understanding of the material differently.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:01 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I was always told that two things you should not really talk about is religion and politics. I have found that to be true. I cannot engage in conversations with my husbands family about it b/c they would never hear me out. It would quickly turn into a debate so I just sit quietly b/c whatever I say is wrong anyway
    pinkdstangel

Answer by pinkdstangel at 11:31 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I am extremely interested in talking religion. Mostly about the contradictions and falsities of it. I'm an agnostic atheist.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:49 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I have a lot of faith, and I know what I believe. However, sometimes it is difficult to articulate what I want to say, and it comes out wrong, so I tend to not respond to a lot of religious posts. I have the same feelings about a few other topics. I know what I believe, and really don't want to start an argument because I word something in a particular way, so I just avoid them.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 3:40 PM on Dec. 15, 2009