SAHM-do you go to church, Mass, prayer service or something like that everyday?

I have only been unemployed for 2 days and I am bored out of my mind.

You have lots of time to pray when you are home all day. Kids will be home next week I will not be so bored.

Kattykitten

Asked by Kattykitten at 9:57 AM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• trust me there is always something that you can do to keep busy in your home. It can still be boring, but you put on music while you work.
    This is also a good time to start to read books. I talk to God all day. Do I go to church No More, they got to politico, telling us who we should vote for, wrong!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:04 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I do some degree of Bible study everyday (even if just for a few minutes) and I pray of course. But no I don't personally go out to meetings or in service/preaching everyday. Phew. I'd be wrung out within the week if I had to do that. Doing something spiritual a day (chatting with mums on here included) really helps me personally satisfy my "spiritual need" (Mat 5:3).

MAybe a formal one to one Bible study could help (an hour a week) or a new wholesome hobby or two?

JES xxx
    CosyMama

Answer by CosyMama at 10:08 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• When I get up I say the St. Micheal Chaplet then read the readings of the day. At 6 I say the Angelus. At noon I Say the Angelus again and the Rosary. At 3 the Divine Chaplet with my husband before the kids get home Sometimes I do go to Daily Mass when don't, I watch it on TV.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 10:29 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I do not go to anything like that, I'm not the religious type but I do take my son to the park, go on play dates, and window shop whenever I'm really bored.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 10:30 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• If that's something you want to do to keep busy then give it a try.. Myself, no. I read the bible as a child and was forced to learn things to this day I don't believe in. I think there are so many other ways you can be productive in your childrens school, or community. Enjoy the peace and quiet now, it won't be that way for long,lol....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:31 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• When I get up I say the St. Micheal Chaplet then read the readings of the day. At 6 I say the Angelus. At noon I Say the Angelus again and the Rosary. At 3 the Divine Chaplet with my husband before the kids get home

But when praying, do not say the same things over and over again, matthew chapter 6 verse 7
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• They are meditative prayers. If you read them you would see how they can help with your frame of mind. You concentrate on the meaning of what you are saying. Even so called free style prayer can repetitive and empty. Which is what Christ is refering to. Empty Prayers.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 10:37 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• my kids are still young and not in school, so I keep pretty busy with housework and entertaining two toddlers, lol.

Anwylaeth

Answer by Anwylaeth at 11:06 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I don't go to church daily God is in my home so I pray there and have my devotional at home daily. I also teach my children a bible lesson daily and at bedtime we do a bedtime devotional and family prayer with our children. I clean, prep for dinner, do laundry and other things during the day while the kids are in school. I play online and have lunch with my friends. I also go to the gym daily with the kids in school I have time to do that now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I need to do more meditation but I dont do church anymore nor praying like a christian would.

My kids are never gone nor in school so I dont have as much time as one might think or hope to do those things anyway LOL.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:36 AM on Dec. 15, 2009