Do you think that boys get crushes in the same way that girls do? Do you think that men feel love the same way women do?

My husband shows love in practical ways, like by putting lots of effort into his job so that he can provide for us. But it often leaves me wondering... when we were falling in love, did he feel the same giddy excitement, heart-pounding, overflowing emotion that I did? Does he now still sometimes get those tender moments where you just feel like you have to remind the other person how much you love them? Does he feel love like it's described in books?

Have any of you wondered the same? Do men feel love like women do? Do they fall in love the same ways?

Ati_13

Asked by Ati_13 at 10:07 AM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes, and no. I think it probably feels a little different because they deal with emotions differently, even inside. But I definitely think that men get crushes like women do, with that same special excitement of falling in love.

I also know that one of the reasons why a lot of men are sex-hungry is that it's the only outlet they have that's acceptable to show their wives how much they love them (other than the practical things, which sometimes aren't enough for guys who really need to show the love).
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 10:49 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• love is love is love.
    evilive

Answer by evilive at 10:18 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Men fall way way way harder than we do. They just hide it. I mean they are torn up about us. The fake unemotional crap is an act because they can't let their super sensitive feelings show or we would crush them accidentally.

ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:26 AM on Dec. 15, 2009