Why do you choose to be a working mom?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Money & Work

• I have alot of things i want to accomplish in life..

Being a mom was number 1.

and having a career was number 2.

I have a career i love with an extremely flexible schedule. I can get off at the drop of a hat, whenever my baby needs me. I make the money we need to live a comfortable life.

I can do both, i want to do both, I love both. That is why i am a working mom.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• i really dont have a choice im a single mom so thats how i get the bills paid and take care of my son
    jenny2150

Answer by jenny2150 at 10:40 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Hi, I'm an at home mom. I have different friends who work to get daytime adult connection, they've said they don't need the money. Their paychecks are separate from bills. But personality wise they've found it harder emotionally for each of them to be at home moms than work away from home moms.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 10:43 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• There is SAHM question.. this is for working moms. thanks lfl
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I love being a mom and i love my career. I have the life i always wanted.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I dont have a choice at the moment...we need the money...i stayed at home for 6 months with my son, then he went to daycare part time. When i have this child, i think my SOs grandma is going to move in with us and watch both kids part time so no more daycare!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 11:01 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Well, the money and insurance are great, of course. But I went to graduate school to have the career that I do. It is important to me that I have my own career and am an individual person, aside from being a mother and wife. WHen I was little, I always knew I'd be a working mom, I just never questioned it. Now that I am, it is very exhausting at times and at the end of the week, I miss my daughter, but I am happy to be setting the example that you can have a family and a career. I am even thinking about pursuing a new career path soon. I get bored easily and like to be busy. I want my daughter to be strong and independent, these are things that I value very much and I hope that I am showing her that example.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Dec. 15, 2009