Under what circumstances do you think posting anonymously is acceptable?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I hardly ever post anon, but as long as you aren't saying anything mean or hurtful I really don't see anything wrong with it.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 10:59 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• i post anon if am talking about sex or my health
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• any of which you choose not to reveal your identity. I have no problem with the anon button.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 11:02 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• When the answer to a question is respectable but embarrassing, maybe something you wouldn't normally share with friends. If I'm answering a question that talks about my sex life, for example, I usually answer anon because while I don't mind helping another mom find the answers she needs, I don't think everyone online needs to be able to figure out all the details of my personal sex life and link them to me.

Stretching from that a little bit, whenever the information you're posting is something you wouldn't want family/friends to read. Some people have relatives or friends on CafeMom who shouldn't find out certain things, like surprises or difficulties in certain relationships.

Posting anon to be a troll and write extremely hateful posts... in my opinion, it just shows a lack of character.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 11:02 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I use it when I want to post a bit*hy answer like this:

Please use the search before posting a question. It has usually been asked before. This question is asked everyday, sometimes more than once and sometimes even leads to a spin off question.

So if I post this anon you cant go look at my profile and think this chick is such a "B"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• any, evryone has a right to their privacy.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:05 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• If it's something very personal, i.e.: "I think my husband is having an affair...." or "something really weird happened while we were having sex".

It makes perfect sense when discussing touchy topics that someone wouldn't want their identity known.

Aside from that, I'm not really bothered when Anon posters are polite. I do wonder why they are choosing to post Anon in questions like "Do you like Dr Pepper?"........

It's when they're being rude and snarky that I take issue with them.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:09 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Any time is OK. That's why it's there. Sure, it can be annoying, but people have a right to be annoying, anonymously or not.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:10 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Sometimes I just want to answer obnoxiously. The question just asks for it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Whenever anyone wants.
    The option is there and it's a free world.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:25 AM on Dec. 15, 2009