If you are a SAHM, does SO/DH ever let you sleep in on his days off?

My SO only works 4 days a week, and when I ask to sleep in one time he freaked out, he usually sleeps till 2 or 3 pm. My son is almost 9 months old and I have only got to sleep in twice since he was born and that was because I was extremely ill. Do you think it is an unrealistic request?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 2 or 3 pm? Geeze what a bum .
    My husband offers but I get up with the baby everyday, ( except today for some reason)
    5 am is our wake up call. My husband sleeps in on his days off til 630 am.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:01 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• When my son was younger I worked while my hubby went to school. He didnt have to be at school until 12. So he would come over everyday at 8 and let me sleep until 11:30( i had to be at work at 12). I dont think its a unrealistic request. You need a break especially when the baby is that young. I remember how that time was.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:01 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• My husband lets me! I don't even have to ask :)
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 11:05 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• No I think both of you should be able to sleep i sometimes if time allows. And in your case it does. My dh works M-F and i usually let him sleep in on Saturdays and then we don't have the option of sleeping in Sunday due to church. But sometimes he wakes up with the dd and lets me sleep in too. Even when he doesnt I end up taking a nap while he watches her so it all works out.
    Your dh certainly needs to open the door to compromise.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 11:06 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• 2 or 3? Wow.. My Hubby's gone working 4-6 weeks at a time away from home. When he's home he's up by 8am, and busy taking care of things, cars, house, etc... When I'm not feeling well he will insist I sleep in and he will take care of the kids, cook, cleanup, and still take care of the things he wanted to do. I'm so thankful to have a great Hubby! While he's gone if I'm not feeling well I still have to get up and take care of the kiddies, which I guess I've gotten used to because I've had to when he's gone. I just try to remember the hard work he does so I can stay home with the kiddies and be there when they need me...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:10 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!! SLEEP?!? What's sleep? A distant memory...no your request isn't unrealistic. Now i take my dd toss her in bed w dh & go sleep in the other room. stop wating for him 2 give u a break & make him.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 11:18 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Youknow I've been in a similar predicament before, cept I was SICK and wanted SO to take care of our son for a bit while I napped during the day and he freaked out about it.

Some guys think the world will end or the babies head will fall off in their care. lol. When SO freaked out I told him "He's fed, he won't need changed again unless he poohs, it's play-time, and then story-time and then play-time again so he shouldn't need me for a couple hours" went in the bedroom and laid down and went to sleep. He HAD to take care of our son for a couple hours then. After that he realized our sons head wouldn't fall off if he took care of him for a little while.

He now watches him often on the weekend for a couple hours so I can do "whatever", including veg out on the couch or nap.

I don't ask for much but a couple hours to do "whatever" - and it is heavenly. ;)

So, I say FORCE the issue. Don't ask.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Your DH is selfish and lazy.
    It's rare that I get to sleep in on the hubb's day off. He works M-F 9-5:30 and I don't get to sleep in on the weekends. I'm up like I am all throughout the week. It's rare that he gets up with the kids. And when he does he bitches all day about how early he had to get up. Like I have no idea how that feels. I gave up on him.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:38 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• IE: get up, get the baby, get the baby fed, changed, etc. (it'll go way easier if you just do it and prevent a lot of tears from baby since your baby is used to you and KNOWS you are still home, honestly) and then throw the baby on top of hubby and say "hunny it's time for you to get up! Figure out a way to feed yourself breakfast - it's play time or "what time it is" I'm going back to bed. Wake me up when it's nap-time/bottle-time/snacktime or "what time it'll be next when your baby is likely to rebuke another care provider (9 months old are clingy toward whomever is with them all day usually and may refuse to eat or scream at nap times for someone else especially if they know you are in the home) which is generally at "time" " close the blinds, perhaps put in earplugs, and take a morning nap. heh. Remember not to drink caffeine or you won't be able to go back to sleep.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• my hubby works hard and I don't not like him so I let him sleep in when he is off but then I will take a nap during the day when he is home
    mom2ryneandsam

Answer by mom2ryneandsam at 11:54 AM on Dec. 15, 2009