Multiple c-sections

I fear I am pregnant. The fear comes from that I have had 2 c-sections and will have to do another. Has anyone had more then 2? did it go ok? is there more risks then the other ones?
They are major surguries and Ive only ever had surgury when I had my kids. Ive been lucky to have no problems, and dont like the idea of playing with this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had a c-section with my first. When she was 10 months old we accidentally got pregnant again, and I had to have another c-section. Believe it or not, it happened again! I got pregnant a 3rd time when my DS was only 10 months old. I'm having my 3rd c-section tomorrow and my oldes child is only 40 months old (not even 3 and a half yet). My dr doesn't seem concerned. My 2nd c-section (just 20 months after my first one) went just fine.

My dr did however tell me not to get pregnant again. She said a 4th c-section would be really iffy with as close together as these 3 have been.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 12:52 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• If you don' t plan on having any more kids, why don't you have a tuberlization.

I have had two c-sections and thank goodness, everything went well, but right after my second c-section I had a tuberlization, I can not afford anymore kids, although I would love to but finacially I can't.

It is more difficult but I would speak to your doctor, he knows your body better then we do.

Good luck!!! I believe everything happens for a reason, and he knows what they are.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:22 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I had a c-section...then an ectopic pregnancy which required the same surgery plus taking a tube and ovary, then two more c-sections. No problems with the surgeries. After my third son I had a tubal ligation, but, my doctor asked me if I was sure I didn't want to have more children.....I guess it would have still been safe. Like you, I don't like surgery, and we wanted 3 children, so we were very happy. I never had any problems because of the surgeries, but of course, follow your doctor's orders.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:29 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Every surgery has risks... My lil sister just had her 2nd c-section in 14 months and it actually healed faster than the other... so each situation is different. talk to your dr and see what would be best.
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 11:34 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I know many women who have had a vaginal birth after 2 c-sections. So that could be a possibility if you find the right doctor or midwife.
    But yes, a lot of women have multiple c/s with no problems at all. But I would lean more towards a VBAC if I were you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I've had 2 and will be having my 3rd in January. My Grandma had 4. No complications for her and that was back in ancient times. ;)
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 12:10 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I'm reading your answers ladies, but to the anon who suggested VBAC. I mentioned nothing about that, so it obviously is out of the question. I have no interest in a VBAC.
    Anonymous

• I just had my 3rd c-section in Sept. It went just fine. This one was the easiest of the bunch for me. I would discuss your fears w/ your ob. You can gather all the info you need to make a decision and allay your fears.
    tabbykat6802

Answer by tabbykat6802 at 1:18 PM on Dec. 15, 2009